Sunday, August 16, 2009

ART


Inspiration is revealed by observation, emotion and action. I can feel inspired by something and sometimes the thought will pass like sand through the fingers. The act of utilizing that thought to create art is long lasting.

The cigar box top is inspired by leaving Petticoat Hill for a new life in California. The cigar box was forever in our chicken coop. A receptacle neighbors threw money in to pay for the eggs. It was with for over a decade.

I toasted the edges in an open fire and let it cool. I then coated it multiple times with varnish until it had an ashy yet shiny veneer. Finishing it off I posted it to an Oak board as a frame applying even more coats of glossy varnish.

The result is what you see. For me a reminder of times passed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Danny,

I love that you write and make art. Both are beautifully done.

Your friend,

Michelle

p.s. will email soon