Monday, November 10, 2008

A TIME FOR HOPE


I have been taken a break from my new life and am thinking hard about the election which has left us at a time with renewed hope but due to circumstances much less money in our pockets.
Will hope bring good food on the table perhaps eventually
I am very concerned about this concept because although it is a good feeling it can lead to disaster. In Greek myth, when Pandora opened her box, she let out all the evils except one: hope. The Greeks considered hope dangerous; its bedfellow can be delusion. Nietzsche later saw hope as the evil that prolongs human torment.
I have been corresponding with many people about the election and so many are elated, a few are most cautious saying that Obama is only man and that the future we face is filled with many dangers. Some foreseen others deeply hidden.
I trust my instincts about these winds of change and keep an eye out for the sun because at the end of the day it always sets but in the morning it rises.

No comments: