Saturday, May 17, 2014

Oxford

Had a perfect day visiting with H. at his University.  He is a college friend of our daughter who was kind enough to arrange a date with him. I know that she is jealous that we had this opportunity, but she will get the chance soon.  He treated us to a splendid lunch at a beautiful dining hall that had delicious food.  Even a vegetarian option. Which I most appreciated.  
Here we are in the chapel being joined by golden eagle. 
Oxford has a medieval charm that is said to appear like hogsworth right out of a Harry Potter novel.  Great time.  Much appreciated H.
I commented on the speed of the cars and my difficulty in getting used to them driving on the other side of the street. He replied "yes I know it's terrifying". Could not agree more.  

I. 

No comments: